Thursday, April 26, 2012

Zucchini

So for my first veggie I picked Zucchini. Not for any particular reason. It was just one that was on sale at the store and one that I figured is one of the least grossest veggies so I took a chance. So for my first idea of how to eat this veggie I decided to stir-fry it. I grew up stir-frying veggies because it was the only way I would tolerate them.




So I started by simply cutting up my zucchini. At first I had them in circles and it looked way too scary so I cut them into halves. I figured I could force myself to swallow these little guys better than giant circles. Then I put them in a pan.




I threw them in with some Pam, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, onion powder, garlic powder and a little basil. (The basil was just to make it look cool).

The finished product. I know it looks kinda weird in this picture...it did in real life too. But anyway, I put my seasoned stir-fry zucchini halves on top of white rice and a basil pesto tilapia filet. I never really eat fish....or vegetables...I feel super healthy. Oh yeah!


Here's a picture just to prove that I actually did eat my vegetables instead of throwing them away.

So there you have it. I ate a vegetable. And I am still alive. Stick around friends, there will be more veggies to come!

Also, if you have any ideas of how to prepare veggies in a way that might make someone like me (a self-proclaimed veggie hater) to eat them (and heaven forbid, enjoy them) by all means, comment and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute, you make me want to try vegetables. But then I remember that my face wouldn't look like yours if I was eating veggies.

    ReplyDelete