Saturday, November 22, 2014

Oops! Sorry, wrong princess.

Whenever someone asks me "what's your most embarrassing moment?" I can never think of anything good.

But I have one that is kind of my go-to story in that situation. So here it goes. This is not my MOST embarrassing moment, but this one was still pretty uncomfortable.

So way back in the day, my family and I went to Disney World. We were at a buffet-style restaurant in our hotel and my mom told me to keep an eye on my little sister. She's kind of hard to miss with her red, gorgeous, Little Mermaid hair.


But somehow I lost her.

I was running through the crowd of people trying to find her, and then I saw her getting a fountain drink. This didn't really make sense to me because we had already paid for our food and found a table. So like any responsible big sister I went up to her and started yelling at her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
  WHY ARE YOU GETTING A DRINK?
  DO MOM AND DAD KNOW YOU'RE OVER HERE!?"

She turned around and there stood a pretty little girl with olive skin, dark hair, and big brown eyes. My little sister couldn't have looked more different with her fair skin, red hair, freckles, and blue eyes.

I was so incredibly confused.

The poor girl looked like she was going to cry and I suddenly felt like crying too. The worst part was when I looked up and saw a whole family of tall, dark, and handsome people staring at me like I was the devil.

"Uh… sorry. I thought she was my little sister." And then I ran away.


When I reached my family's table, I saw the whole fair and freckled crew and just couldn't figure out why I had thought that little girl was my sister.

It's been years since this happened and I still can't come up with any reason for my bizarre behavior. I must have just been looking for the wrong Disney princess, I guess. Belle was always my favorite anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment