Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chocolate Caramel Brownies


I was first introduced to this amazing, delicious, and super easy brownie recipe over the summer at a work party. They rocked my world so hard that I haven't stopped making them since. Thank you for this recipe Amanda, I owe you everything.


I know, this is already looking super delicious and super bad for you. It's probably a good thing I left the butter out of this picture. 

You'll need:
1 box German Chocolate cake mix
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 bag Kraft caramel squares
1 bag milk chocolate chips

Melt butter and mix together with 1/3 cup evaporate milk and cake mix.


Press half of mixture in ungreased 9x13 pan. It will be thin. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes. 


Unwrap all the squares. This is where a helper really comes in handy. Usually my brother helps me, but I was flying solo this time. 


Place 1/3 cup of evaporated milk and caramel squares in microwave safe bowls. 


Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. 


Pour 1/2 bag of chocolate chips over baked brownies straight from the oven.


Pour caramel sauce over the chocolate chips. 


Top with broken pieces of remaining brownie mixture and chocolate chips. 


Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. 


It's so beautiful. 


So so beautiful.


Now comes the hard part….

These brownies are better the next day. So cover them and use all the self control you possess and stay away. I just got to say, that had to be the longest like 18 hours of my life. 




But they're definitely worth the wait. I took these brownies, along with the recipe, to a Relief Society recipe swap night and everyone loved them.




















No comments:

Post a Comment