Monday, November 24, 2014

Friendsgiving


Last night we hosted "Friendsgiving"

Friendsgiving is essentially Thanksgiving with friends :)

Now Austin is the king of Friendsgiving. He's been doing this for years. He was even mentioned in a Deseret News article last week about Friendsgiving.




Even though Austin is a pro, it was my first Friendsgiving and I was really excited about it. Summer and Holly helped me set the table. Looks good girls. 





Austin made our beautiful turkey along with a chocolate toffee pie. Summer made the gravy and helped with the potatoes. Katie and Emma made stuffing, rolls, and apple crisp. Holly made both the chocolate creme and banana creme pies. And I made (and ate) my first sweet potato casserole.



These poor people.
I'm sure they just wanted to dig in and I was like, "Guys let's take a picture before we eat!"


Then I let them eat.






We were all pretty stuffed. Luckily the couch was inches away from the table. Austin was the first one to throw in the towel and fall into a turkey-coma.


Overall it was really fun and super delicious. Thanks you guys for coming, bringing food, and making Friendsgiving awesome!

My favorite comment of the night was by Austin as I was tying bows around the candy corn favors. He said our ideas of Friendsgiving were pretty different. 

"I usually just make a big turkey and everyone comes over and eats a lot while sitting on the couch... and you're wrapping up candy corn to place at everyone's seat..."






No comments:

Post a Comment