Wednesday, November 5, 2014

This is Halloween, this is Halloween!

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday ever, but this year it was a fun excuse to try some cute recipes from Pinterest. So here's the back story of this Halloween "party" we had a week or so ago. Right before we left for work in the morning, my brother and I decided that when we got home we would watch Hocus Pocus and enjoy some Halloween treats.


Then…something came over me. I became a Pinterest monster. During my lunch break at work, I just went nuts. I looked up all these things I wanted to try and then made a giant shopping list. It was pretty great when the checkout lady said to me, "Looks like you're throwing a big party." My response was pretty much identical to Cameron Diaz in The Holiday.


When I say it was a last minute "party," I mean it. The next day people asked me why they didn't get an invite and I had to embarrassingly admit to them that it was so sudden I didn't really have time to tell anyone about it. Don't worry guys, I'll definitely let you know the next time this happens.


Tried wrapping some mummy hotdogs. 


I thought this was a cute way to throw some fruit into the mix. It's meant to look like candy corn with the yellow (pineapple), orange (mandarin oranges), and white (whipped cream).


The witches brooms. Mini Reeses and pretzel sticks.


Oreo cake bars. Pretty tasty and way easy. My coworkers enjoyed the leftovers :)


And what could possibly be my favorite thing I've ever made in my life… THE FRANKENGUAC. 


 Ok so there was only five people there, but when they're great people it's still a party.


The best part of the night however was this. It's not Halloween without it.


Sing it Sanderson Sisters.












No comments:

Post a Comment